Monday, 10 March 2014

Trim update! My longterm transition update!

I started my longterm transition to natural   Over a year ago and last Friday,  I had my sister cut off most of my relaxed ends because they looked terrible even after cutting off two inches in February. I could not even wear my hair open because I felt they looked untidy and ugly. It was just time to let go!

I had about three inches cut off!!! And yes  I was very nervous the whole time but my sister Eva did a great job. Thanks Sis!!!. I have not yet done a length check but I think my hair is now at arround Arm pit length. It was below bra strap length before the cut.

I still have a long way to go when it comes to styling my almost natural hair ( I have about three inches of relaxed hair left). Now I realise that even though I had more new growth than relaxed hair, those ends somewhat made a difference when it came to styling they stretched out my hair.
 Check out my first twist out attempt.
Not the best but I will get there :)

The other issue I have is shrinkage. I had shrinkage before but now it is a lot! My hair looks neck length without being stretched.

Do I love my hair as it is now?
Yes!!!! It is so much thicker and healthier. I really would not have it any other way. And it is much easier to wash and detangle.

Do I miss being relaxed?
Yes!!!! I do being relaxed sometimes because I really enjoyed my relaxed hair after starting my hair journey. But I am more excited to go on with my natural hair journey.


All in all I am still for longterm transitioning because it has enabled me to adjust slowly to my natural hair. After my next trim I will be cutting off all chemically processed hair and will therefore be fully natural. I am so excited about that!

Are you on a longterm transition? How far along are you and what challenges are you facing? Please share tips on styling this hair!!!


12 comments:

  1. WOW.
    This is inspiring, your natural hair is beautiful and Healthy.
    I wish you the best in this new hair journey.:)
    The Beautiful Eagle's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I wish you all the best too :)

      Delete
  2. Very inspiring I decided to transition to natural in the begining of this year I can see new growth already and it makes me more excited I had my ends trim about two weeks ago and I can't wait till I'm fully natural

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and Congrats on starting your transition journey! This is one decision you can never regret.

      Delete
  3. That is a lot of hair! and its so thick...i love it :) I can't believe you're almost fully natural

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear, I did not really realise how much it was until i did this trim. I am also very pleased with how it looks :)

      Delete
  4. Your hair is so beautiful. Can't wait for my hair to grow that long.
    www.folasoasis.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Good luck on your hair journey, i am sure you will reach all your goals :)

      Delete
  5. Your hair looks amazing. So thick and shiny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my god , it really shows how much effort u have kept in maintaining such a beautiful hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish u all the best cuzo...keep sharing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Gahl by email.