Texlax update @ 18 weeks post relaxer

August 21, 2012

I decided to texlax my hair at 18 weeks post relaxer. I have been texlaxing for almost a year now and i must say the difference it makes is just amazing. I have lots of texture left in my hair and the texlaxed parts of my hair are very thick compared to my relaxed hair and i love that.

I use the soft and beautiful texture softenner to texlax my hair and this is the same relaxer i used this time too, this relaxer does not burn at all but if left in for longer than advised it will leave the hair relaxed as opposed to texlaxed. I always used to think it could not get the hair bone straight but it can!! the back of my hair ended up getting straight and i am not too happy about that. next time i will have to be more careful.
Despite the fact that the back of my hair ended up kind of straight i still loved the overall outcome. the rest of my hair still maintained a lot of texture as can be seen on the picture below which i took after blow drying on cool air.
Blow dried hair on cool air ( left) right flat ironed hair.




















I ended up flat ironing my hair after three months of not using heat on my hair.
Thanks to the great tips from the lovely ladies on the Gahl community ,  i was finally able to flat iron my hair without getting it worn down by too much product and it turned out awesome. I wore


Thanks for Reading!
Joanne.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. your hair is so inspirational.go afro hair wish to get there some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair is simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete