Protective styles i use to retain length.

June 26, 2012

I love protective styles because they keep the ends of my hair tucked in.
I have been asked many times how i manage to protect my hair and retain length without braiding or weaving my hair. well my strategy is very simple i bun my hair alot. Buns, when not done too tight can help to keep the ends safe and will help with length retention.
You are probably wondering why i choose buns over braids or weave, well i am one of those people who can´t keep one style in for a long time and other than that i always want to have access to my hair at all times. washing & deep conditioning braids and wevaes is a bit tiresome for me so i just have fun with my buns.
I am currently in the maximum length retention challenge on Gahl and one of the rules of the challenge is to keep my hair in protective styles 90% of the time.
Here are a few styles i have tried out since the challenge started. by the way if you would like to join us in the challenge you are most welcome.

Cute bun




Faux bun




Ponytail bun


You Might Also Like

0 comments