Gahlspiration corner with Mykenyanpuff

September 22, 2017

We have not met Sharon in person yet, but to us she radiates such beauty and happiness and do we even have to mention her smile? and the reason why GAHL is featuring her today is her georgeus natural hair. 

Hi Sharon, we just love your hair!  we are so honoured to feature you on our Gahlspiration corner. We are sure that this feature is going to be a blessing to someone 

The pleasure is all mine :)


  • Have you always been natural? If not what made you go natural?
    No I've not always been natural . I went fully natural in March 2016 but I stopped relaxing my hair in 2015 . I was inspired by the journey of other naturalistas such as CravingYellow and I was also intrigued by the science of natural hair . Furthermore , I've always admired afros . Whenever I'd get my relaxer touched up , I hated how flat my hair would look and did everything I could to have some volume .

    My first twist out ever!

  • Your hair always looks so healthy, are you on a healthy hair journey? What inspired you to start one? I am definitely on a healthy hair journey .  I've always understood that when it comes to dealing with anything , one needs to understand how the system works . Once you have that down ,you're good to go . Same goes for hair .Once I've got the health of my hair in check , the rest comes easy . 

  • Do you have a hair routine? How easy was it getting into a regimen, knowing the right products etc? Yes I have a hair routine but I wouldn't say it's fixed . It was quite easy to find a regimen once I started off because I did a lot of research as I was transitioning to natural . My regimen however , is constantly evolving . I just go with what Fluffy ( my hair) needs at the moment .
Twist out from May 2016
  • How do you fit hair care into your busy lifestyle? Haircare for me is therapeutic . My fro is my Friday night date once every 2-3 weeks . The rest of the time , I rock low manipulation styles that can transition into cute wearable looks . My go to style is two strand twists .  If I were in my hair every single day I'd not have time to do anything else .

  • Do you believe in such a thing as bad hair? Do you believe that African/ black women have good hair? The only "bad" hair is unhealthy hair . It's a blessing for us to have such unique hair growing out of our scalps . It doesn't matter if it's thick , fine , coarse , curly , wavy , coily or kinky . All hair is beautiful .
Current twist out
  • What have you learnt about healthy hair care that you would love to share with African women, especially those who want to start a natural hair journey? It's hard to reduce all I've learnt to one statement . "Good" hair like everything else in life , comes to those who work for it . You must be patient , willing to learn and always embrace your hair for what it is .

  • What goals do you have for your hair? My goal is to take my hair to the next level in all aspects : health, length , volume , thickness .. you name it . I just want to give it the love it deserves .

  • Do you do your own hair? What is your favourite natural hairstyle and why? I do my own hair except when it comes to braiding and blowing it out for trims ( which I want to be able to do for myself ). My go to style is twists . They are easy and fuss free plus they provide a base for a bomb twist out .
My blown out fro in May 2017
  • Do you have a hair idol? Who and why?
     I have so many hair idols . Bubs Bee is one of my favorites . Her hair is soo thick and luscious . The likes of NappyFu , GreenBeauty , Ambrosia Malbrough, JourneyToWaistlength , WestAfricanBaby and CravingYellow are a few examples . 
  • Did you always believe that you could grow a huge Afro? What changed your mind? I've always believed I can grow a huge afro but 20 inches of hair wasn't something I even thought about . Once I discovered natural hair forums , I realized that I can do anything with my hair .

  • Is there a product you can’t live without?Aloe Vera juice ! My hair drinks it up ! It'll forever be a staple in my regimen .
    My shrunken fro
  • Do you think natural hair is expensive to keep?  No I don't . I've had the pleasure of trying out different brands . We as Kenyans are privileged to have affordable quality locally made natural products . Natural hair doesn't have to be expensive unless that's one's preference . 

  • Do you have hair goals? I'm a length and volume chaser right now . I just want to see how far my fro can grow . However , Fluffy's health will always remain paramount .   

 "Your hair is your crown . Embrace it , love it and take care of it ." MyKenyanPuff

instagram @mykenyanpuff
youtube channel Mykenyanpuff


































You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Wow!Sharon's hair is so luscious... Truly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi fellas,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful article really!
    If someone want to read more about The Hair Products That Will Naturalize Your Hair - I AM YOU I think this is the right place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hii...

    I found your Blog very interesting after reading so Many articles its really useful for us keep Posting More Blog!! And if you want more About Hair Problems Solutions then visit Best Salon in Jaipur
    it is one of the top Luxurious Best Hair Salon in Jaipur

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Post, Thank you very much for sharing this article. But friends, we use alternative science to grow the hair again. by neck pain treatment

    ReplyDelete