God and me Monday: A heart of gratitude

February 11, 2015

This week as I sat in the waiting room of a doctor´s office, I needed to kill time as I waited for my turn to come. So I opened my handbag and found my notebook and a pen. I decided to start writing down all the things I was grateful to God for. I was just writing down the seventh sentence when I got called in to see the doctor.
Later on at night as I was having my quiet time with God, I suddenly heard a voice within me saying that I needed to appreciate the people in my life by showing them gratitude just as I had shown gratitude to the Lord in that Doctor´s office. It was suddenly clear to me that my relationship with others depended on my relationship with God. The more I Loved God the more I would love others, the more I was thankful to God the more I would be thankful to others.
Take some time to say thank you to the people who have been a blessing to you. My pastor always tells us not to wait until people die in order to start eulogizing how grateful we are for them. And this makes sense to me now more than ever. Do it NOW! Tell somebody THANK YOU!
On that note I would like to thank you for supporting our blog, being our facebook fans and website members. Thank you for all your input. we really appreciate you and pray that God will continue to bless you abundantly.

God bless you and thanks for reading,
Joanne

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this very inspirational post. It's a great feeling when you sit down and think of all the things God has done for you and feel so much gratitude. I certainly agree that it's important to let people know that you appreciate and love them. I love you and your sister's blog and appreciate you sharing a part of your life with us. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Blessed tresses thank you so much for your kind comment. May God continue to bless you abundantly.

      Delete