Sunday, 11 November 2012

“Texlaxed” african hair and shrinkage.


I am currently 13 weeks post relaxer and my new growth is starting to get a bit difficult to handle. So i have decided to moisturize and seal my hair more often in order to keep my new growth soft and manageable. I might do a Co- wash in the middle of the week when i have time to moisturize my new growth as well.

I am also dealing with major shrinkage when I wash and air dry my hair, I know this is mainly because of the under-processed (texlaxed) hair and the new growth. I don´t have a big problem with that but my hair looks a lot shorter than it really is and most of the time I can´t really track my length progress without straightening it.

 My hair was still damp at this point. Note the shrinkage on the left side compared to the stretched hair, quite a big difference i would say.

Thanks for reading!
Gahl!

2 comments:

  1. What is a Co wash? Thanks for Sharing your journey with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nina, Co washing is simply Washington your hair using conditioner only. No shampoo.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Gahl by email.